Governor Laura Kelly has issued an official STAY AT HOME SEE NOTICE FOR MORE INFOR
The Housing Authority of the City of Iola strives to provide, without discriminatory practice, safe, affordable, quality housing options for low to moderate income families, elderly and disabled persons while promoting independent and self-sufficient families.
The Housing Authority is committed to:
- Maintain quality public housing units.
- Creating and maintaining positive and effective partnerships with community agencies.
- Adhere to Federal regulations and policies for managing our Public Housing units.
- Establish guidelines to provide a safe and affordable housing options for low to moderate income families, elderly, disabled and handicapped persons.
- Guarantee that applicants will not be discriminated against based on sex, race, creed, religion, family status, national origin, disability or handicap.
The Iola Housing Authority has been in Iola since 1971. Currently the Housing Authority manage multi-family units ranging from studios to one-bedroom apartments in the Townhouse and 1 to 4 bedrooms duplexes in various sections of Iola.
The Housing Authority of the City of Iola manages and operates 156 public housing units and 40 USDA/Rural Development units.
The Housing Authority of the City of Iola is a Smoke-Free property.
There are two rent calculation options for Public Housing, Income Based and Flat Rent. The amount of rent you pay will be determined by which option you choose, and by the amount of your income. Income based rent is based on 30% of your gross monthly income less allowable deductions. If you choose Income Based rent and your income changes, you are required to report the change to the Housing Authority so that your rent can be re-calculated. If you choose Flat Rent, you are still required to report any changes in your income; however, your rent amount will not change.
If you are interested in a unit with the Housing Authority of the City of Iola or are wanting more information, please call or send an email.
217 N. Washington Ave.
Iola, KS 66749
(620) 365-2406 fax
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.